A great home remedy beverage for cough, congestion, colds and skin problems. This winter replace your usual hot cocoa with an invigorating cup of wellness. Bonus points for jammies and slippers. Turmeric can stain clothing and counter tops, so wear an apron; proceed with caution.
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon honey, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
Whisk turmeric, cardamom, black pepper, ginger, cloves, and allspice together in a small bowl.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes; stir honey and vanilla extract into milk until completely dissolved. Whisk 1 teaspoon turmeric mixture into milk mixture; reduce heat to medium-low and cook until flavors blend, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour mixture through a strainer.
You can use any type of milk (2%, soy, coconut, almond, etc.). You can substitute agave nectar for the honey.
154.1 calories; protein 8.4g 17% DV; carbohydrates 19g 6% DV; fat 5.3g 8% DV; cholesterol 19.5mg 7% DV; sodium 104.2mg 4% DV.