Last updated on September 12th, 2020 at 09:29 pm
Who does’t like poori. Today we are sharing a dal hing poori recipe. It is very unique. It tastes just like dal kachori. Except it needs very little effort and expertise to make it. We can pepare the dal filling well in advance as this dal stuffing keeps well for over a month without refrigeration. It goes well with aloo ki sabji and kahtti methi kaddu ki sabji. It is a perfect brunch idea for weekend cooking. These dal hing poori stays fresh and good for 2 – 3 days at room temperature. So this makes dal hing poori is perfect for train and raod journeys.
Urad Dal Ki Poori | Hing Poori Recipe
Urad dal ki poori is made with dry roasted urad dal with dry masalas. The flavor of hing is quite prominent in these pooris. These urad dal stuffed pooris can be sent in tiffin box and lunch box along with aloo sabji. These pooris can be enjoyed with mango pickle and cup of hot piping tea. This is an ultimate combination which beats even the best laid out breakfast buffet. Especially in rainy season. So lets learn how to make urad dal hing poori.
- Urad Dal (Split Black Gram)
- Hing (Asafetida)
- Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
- Moti Elaichi (Brown Cardamom
- 250 gms Dhuli Urad Dal (Split Black Dal)
- 2 Moti Elaichi (Brown Cardamom)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Corns
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Dry Whole Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Methi Dana
- 1 tsp Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
- 1 tsp sabut Dhania Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida
For the dough:
- 4 cups Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to Make Urad Dal Ki Poori :
- Wash the dal thoroughly. Immediately without soaking, pat dry and spread it on a dry cloth. Let it get completely dry. This should take few hours.
- Dry roast all the ingredients under the Filing section on low flame for almost 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let the filling cool well.
- Grind the filling to a fine powder. It should be a fine powder.
- You can store it in a airtight bottle. This filling can stay good for over a month. Prepare it well in advance and use it as an instant food.
- To make the dough add 1 cup of hot water to cover 1/2 of dal filling. This may be 1 cup to 1/2 cup. The fillig should get soft. Cover and keep aside for 30 mins.
- Then add the atta to the same bowl. Add baking powder and salt.
- Mix everything and knead into a soft dough.
- Make equal size balls.
- Heat oil for frying. Meanwhile roll out poori from the dough using some oil.
- Now deep fry in hot oil till golden.
- This Urad dal hing puri tasted awesome with mango pickle and aloo sabji.
- Best they stay good for 2 – 3 days. They are perfect travel food. So for your next trip take these hing puris. Relish them with hot cup of tea.
What To Serve With Urad Dal Ki Poori:
- You can serve urad dal ki poori with aloo ki sabji or kaddu ki khatti methi sabji.
- You can also serve with mango pickle.
- You can also serve dahi bhalle with it.
- You can even serve boondi ka raita with it.
Storage Tips :
- The shelf life of these dal ki poori is very good. They can stay good for 3 – 4 days. In fact they taste better next day. You can pack it carry it on your next trip or journey. Do not forget to carry aam ka achar / pickle with it.
Reheating Tips :
Microwave: You can reheat the pooris in mircowave by heating for 1 – 2 mins.
Air Fryer: Air frying the pooris is a great option. Not only the pooris become crisp but also all the extra oil drips down in the basket. Air frying makes these pooris extra crisp and tasty.